Canterbury and Otago are the two ‘powerhouse’ regions of the South Island. Canterbury is the more industrial, though that’s not saying a lot – it’s still mainly agricultural, with cows in fields, beautiful lakes and mountains, and everything you’d expect of New Zealand.
- Touring Canterbury
- Christchurch Old Cathedral
- Christchurch Transitional Cathedral
- Christchurch University of Canterbury
- Christchurch Teece Museum
- Christchurch Airport Sculpture
- New Brighton
Here’s a link to the Wikipedia article on Canterbury Region.